-
October 16th, 2005, 07:53 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I got them from Ebay. One has a defect on volume, which I can turn 360 Deg ..it's free turn...(ariund the clock).
I would like to find the replacement partucularly on the defected volume with the new one.
Could you please advice me the spec on this volume? Is it variable resistor (what range)?
Looking forward to hearing your advice soon.
Best Regards,
Mongkol
PS: I am not an Electronic expert..but I will try to find the replacement and let the technician do it for me.
-
October 25th, 2005, 06:37 PM
#2
Junior Hostboard Member
I had a pair of Altec Valencias with these controls in them. These are wire-wound pots. If they are operating ok - outside of spinning all the way around - then it may well be fixable.
You'll have to open up the box and see what has happened to it. I'll bet that the speaker system it was in was laid on its back and the pot's shaft pushed in to pop off the back of the pot itself.
So, I'd suggest some more investigation before you go out looking for a part. I was able to fix the one where this happened to me.
Cheers,
David
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks